Bank Robbery

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Serova, Dec 30, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Serova

Serova New Member Verified

Belgium
    Necessary information

Provide a brief summary of the suggestion
    Bank Robbery

What service does this suggestion relate to?
    RP Server

Suggestion Details

Describe your suggestion in as much detail as possible.
    I would like to suggest if you get apprehended during the robbery or in a chase trying to get away your character will be CK'ed (ICly 20+ years in prison). This would prevent every average Joe to rob the bank. You must come up with a very good getaway plan or you will get caught, simple. Robbing the bank would become something elite to do. This would also mean if you get away with it successfully and you get apprehended a few hours laters because of the on-going investigation you will NOT be CK'ed just some time in prison icly. So simply, if you get caught during the robbery or after a chase starting from the bank you will be CK'ed otherwise it is just IC prison time.

Character kill means, everything you gained is lost, your character name, money, houses and vehicles. Think about the thrill you would have robbing the bank knowing you are risking everything you worked for in this server. Also using alternate accounts would be not allowed, robbing the bank has to be done on your MAIN criminal account and you cannot transfer goods to another account or friend before you rob the bank. This should be seriously checked by admins before adding funds from the bank robbery to someones account.

Also, robbing the bank should only be possible ONCE on the same character name. Payout should be a decent amount compared to the risk.

Why do you feel this would be beneficial to the community if added?
    Has a more realistic feeling to it and if you developed your character a bit and you risk being it CK'ed it adds some adrenaline to it. Otherwise it's just like, well.. we'll see how this goes.. let's just try it.

Additional Comments
    None.

2. Vega

Vega Viva la Vega Community Assistant Premium Verified

Latvia
    RP Name:
    Frederick Weston
    Good stuff, I approve. Bank robberies should be really high risk high reward and what you've suggested, if implemented, will add new roleplay scenarios when planning and the risk would be really high.

Serova likes this.
  3. Moroz

Moroz New Member

Latvia
    Good idea, I fully support it.

Serova likes this.
  4. Leafy

Leafy leaf Premium Verified

Romania
    RP Name:
    Nils Strandberg
    This is a must !1+

Serova likes this.
  5. Seabrook

Seabrook BCSO Assistant Sheriff Premium Verified

United States
    Yes. Their needs to be consequences to robbing the bank or else anyone else can just try it, and if they fail nothing happens to their character. I definitely support this.

Serova likes this.
  6. Serova

Belgium
    Glad to see the support on my idea. Would be great to see a comment from someone that speaks for the entire administration staff.

7. Oliver

Oliver Olive Bread Head Administrator Premium Verified

United States
    RP Name:
    Dustin Forbes
    Completely against this idea. We're here to have fun and enjoy ourselves. If we add this extreme debuff for criminals, what's the match for law enforcement? Forcing CKs (especially in the MTA/OG method you mention) is a extreme that we shouldn't have to come to.

This message is complete opinion and not the ruling of administration.

8. Serova

Belgium
    Nobody forces you into a character kill, if you get CK'ed it was completely your own choice and fault. The match for law enforcement is obviously you have to plan out your resources, both sides (ex. Maverick or other special vehicles get taken down it cannot be re-used). Killed officers obviously cannot get back into the action. Maybe we can try this for the first few bank robberies and adjust our opinions based on that in the future? Nobody knows how this would go unless we try it out. I am sure it would at least bring some tension to the roleplay here on the server.

Everything you do on this server is basically risk-free the only thing that has an 'extreme' penalty on would be robbing the bank. So, again you would need a pretty decent group, a well worked out getaway plan, and heavy firepower to pull it off. What stops people from robbing the bank every other day now? Nothing, I am sure everyone would give it a second thought if you risk being CK'ed, at least when you build up some assets. I still would have plenty of fun even if I get caught and CK'ed. I don't think people would lose their shit over losing a virtual character and its assets. (I sure hope not..)

9. Thundah

Thundah Administrator Administrator Verified

Romania
    RP Name:
    Bjorn Larsen
    To be completely honest with you, I don't like the idea. Why? Imposing a Character Kill upon someone, as Oliver said, is not the right way to go about it. Yes, people may be inclined to rob the bank every now and then, but I do not believe that forcing them to lose their character if they get apprehended is the correct solution to the problem. Second of all, if we're going to add the "extreme" penalty as you call it for robbers, what would the equivalent be for law enforcement? To make it completely fair, we would need to impose character kills upon LEAs too, otherwise it would not only be unrealistic, it would also be very one sided. I do appreciate the suggestion and while it is not a bad one by any means, the MTA method is not something we should apply here (and no, I am not saying this because of assets or anything that player might get to own prior to his forced CK). Finally, if you really think people would risk robbing the bank in a reckless or sloppy manner, we could always add a limit or adjust the rules to match the severity of the action.

Oliver likes this.
  10. Joshua

Joshua Community Assistance Lead Senior Administrator Premium Verified

United States
    I actually like the idea of getting life in prison. I'm a huge fan of prison RP

11. Dad

Dad New Member Verified

Estonia
    RP Name:
    Taylor Brannon
    I don't think cops should go for only killing bad guys, their priority should be catching them and imprisoning them, with GTA V's decent sized prison, prison RP could be rather interesting.

Kellerman likes this.
  12. Kellerman

Kellerman א Premium Verified

United Kingdom
    Absolutely, but the problem is that criminals would rather have a shootout until they die so they can just respawn rather than go through the process of being imprisoned and then being stuck there. I hope that because the prison on GTA V is so good as you say, that this mindset might change from what it was on SAMP.

13. Dad

Dad New Member Verified

Estonia
    RP Name:
    Taylor Brannon
    After being shot down, you'd realistically still be taken to the hospital, from where the police could take you to the jail from. You are/should be still responsible for your actions, even if after a PK you lose your memory.
    I come from MTA and I agree that prison RP was something not many people were fond of. In my opinion that could be fixed by getting prison guards whose only duty is to guard the prison, as well as no offline timer for prison.

14. Glen

Glen Premium Premium Verified

United States
    RP Name:
    Glen Wright
    In response to this suggestion - this is assuming that bank robberies will be a common occurrence. I'd like to think that the portion of the rule that states "there must be an administrator online to supervise the event" portion would cover this - an admin would need to be contacted beforehand to supervise the event, and will presumably sense check the RP and motives behind the bank robbery.

On the topic of Forced CK's - they shouldn't happen. It destroys hours of character development and at the end of the day, doesn't benefit anyone.

Leafy and Oliver like this.
  15. Zuthrex

Zuthrex Retired Project Manager Banned Premium Verified

United States
    RP Name:
    Donald English
    Forced CKs are not something that'll be authorized in a bank robbery situation. There is only one single situation in which a person may be forced to CK - the death penalty. The death penalty must be authorized by the Head of Factions (acting as the Governor), following recommendation of a court of law and is reserved for cases of mass murder, treason, and cases where a single character has killed an astronomical amount of people (to the point where it'd be unrealistic to see them free on the street).

Thank you for the suggestion, but we will not be going forward with it.

Oliver likes this.
  16. Joshua

Joshua Community Assistance Lead Senior Administrator Premium Verified

United States
    Archived.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.