Items/Drugs/Weapons?

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Israel, Jan 1, 2017.

1. Israel

Israel New Member Verified

Canada
    Has the systems in regards to items, drugs, and weapons been developed yet? If yes, can you tell us how these will work IG?

2. MalteseWolf

MalteseWolf Senior Administrator Senior Administrator Premium Verified

Malta
    RP Name:
    Blaise Hendricks
    I am not a developer but I have been fiddling around on the server in a testing role and this is what I know and/or think. Please take it with a pinch of salt :p

Convenience items can be purchased from convenience stores (shopping basket icons on mini-map). They include such things as:
    1. A radio to /setchannel <4 digit number> and /r <chat> with
    2. Three different size backpacks for increasing the amount of weight (of items) that you can carry. Not currently visible as a prop.
    3. Crowbar for breaking into cars/buildings
    4. Toolkit for hotwiring cars (hotwire system still to be implemented, last I check)
    5. Cigarettes
    6. First Aid Kits
    7. And some more, I believe.
    Most items that can be used, can be used with the /use <item name> command.

A good number of different types of drugs already exist in-game I believe, though it is still unclear what effect each of them has on the character if any and how to obtain them. I'm sure more information will be released at a later stage.

Different types of armour and a few weapons can be purchased legally from ammunation. Guns require a weapon license (yet to be implemented I believe), and have a serial number which may be used in some way by the police to link a weapon to a crime (also yet to be implemented, most probably). Armour does not require a license and according to price, varies the amount of armour you get (max 75%, 100% reserved for SWAT teams, while normal cops can only get up to 50%, unless things have changed). There will be ways of getting weapons illegally without possessing a weapon license and with their serial numbers (presumably) scratched off. No info on that yet afaik.

Oliver and Vega like this.
  3. Vega

Vega Viva la Vega Premium Verified

Latvia
    RP Name:
    Frederick Weston
    Thanks, cleared up some questions.