Open Discussion about BCSO

Discussion in 'Blaine County Sheriff's Office' started by Fric, Nov 22, 2016.

1. Fric

Fric Premium Premium Verified

United States
    Hello All,

I wanted to open this up to get feedback from the community about the Blaine County Sheriff's Office. What do you want to see as a community? What are your expectations of BCSO? We want to be more than just a Cops vs Robbers type of community which will require our office to become more than just "cops". What type of community involvement do you all want to see? Any public events you all would like to see hosted by us?

2. Nick_Deo

Nick_Deo New Member Verified

India
    Hi there!
    Well, mine is actually a question rather than a suggestion. How do you plan to fill BCSO with officers upon server launch? Will there be a criteria/preference like previous LEO RP experience?

3. JasonKnight

JasonKnight New Member Verified

United States
    Do you have any outline as to your plans for the BCSO (divisions, vehicle, SOP's)? Also, do you yourself as Sheriff have any previous experience as an LEO (RL and RP)?

4. Sebin Michael

Sebin Michael New Member

India
    I think it'll be great if you have cops also guard important buildings like the Hospital (medical centre) and Courthouse (if any).
    And RP security checks on people who wish to enter, etc.
    Also providing protection to political figures (again, if any)

5. JasonKnight

United States
    Hospital could be security from a player owned business. Also courthouses can be guarded by US Marshals which would be a whole nother branch of LEO.

6. Fric

United States
    Discussions for other LEO factions have be discussed. But simply due to the lack of overall player count, we will have BCSO as the only LEO faction until further notice. We have discussed with the SO Executive staff how to accommodate all these intricacies related to RP. However, we didn't discuss this one, thanks for bringing it to our attention!

7. JasonKnight

United States
    I personally would like to see business security be a privately owned company, so a player can own a security company and actually sign contracts with other player owned businesses (or the hospital and such) to provide security. If it's armed security then they must be licensed properly through Blaine County (powers to be?) and so on. I mean, I can go crazy in depth :) I have some good plans for contracts and such!

Oliver likes this.
  8. Oliver

Oliver Olive Bread Verified

United States
    RP Name:
    Dustin Forbes
    I've always enjoyed running weapon licensing in the LEA, though not sure if that's how it'll be done here. Unfortunately the only times I've ever seen armed security factions simply lead to disaster (Axiom @RCRP). It takes someone with true discipline to run a company like that, and to roleplay that. It can be done, and I'd like to see it. I certainly don't want to be standing around a hospital for my shift. :(

JasonKnight likes this.
  9. JasonKnight

United States
    It will take the right group of individuals to run it properly and roleplay it correctly however I feel the current process it takes to become a member of the community will help weed out those who are not in it for the right reasons. I had said to @MalteseWolf in a private conversation that I was very impressed with the alternating questions during the application.

10. Fric

United States
    Agreed on both points, however, to Oliver's point, people are typically interested in playing a game, not standing around. Its kind of like running a taxi company if everyone has cars. It will definitely take discipline and honestly, I don't see it happening anytime soon.

11. Eric

Eric Member Verified

Canada
    RP Name:
    Patrick Hoover
    There would need to be a decently large playerbase for a taxi company to work, I think. Fortunately, though, Blaine County is huge. Lots of money on those fares!

12. MalteseWolf

MalteseWolf Retired Señor 4dm1n Retired Staff Premium Verified

Malta
    RP Name:
    Blaise Hendricks
    I would like to see a list of the laws that will be considering in-game. While some are obvious (murder, GTA, robbery, etc.) there might be a few hazy lines in some areas. For instance, San Andreas is meant to be a separate island state in the south-west of the US that draws a lot of inspiration from the actual state of California. But how far does this 'inspiration' go? For instance, this November Cannabis was made legal for recreational use in California (it was legal for medical use since 1996). Does that mean that Cannabis is also legal in San Andreas and therefore in-game for us? Such answers would be helpful to the community so whilst I am not asking for an entire Constitution to be drafted, a list of laws and perhaps the punishments for breaking them would be nice to have :)

13. Zuthrex

Zuthrex Guest

Weed will be legal in SA in 2018, as that's when Prop 64 takes effect

14. MalteseWolf

MalteseWolf Retired Señor 4dm1n Retired Staff Premium Verified

Malta
    RP Name:
    Blaise Hendricks
    Does that mean San Andreas Laws are a copy-paste of California Laws? :) Because I guess that is the main point behind my question.

P.S. Also, while I have you here, how will the jail system work in-game?

Oliver likes this.